This is a really exciting volunteer program that provides your child with the rare chance to develop and encourage their natural curiosity and interest in wildlife.
When? – 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month, 08.30 -11.00
Where? – Here on Brackenburn PNR
Who? – Ages 10-16yrs
How much? – Free
Every weeks’ activities vary according to what is happening here on the reserve and what the crazy Crags weather conditions allow; however some of the opportunities available are:
- responsibilities of basic animal husbandry
- domestic small-animal interactions
- general animal health care
- diets for domestic and wild animals
- understanding animal behaviour
- introduction to wildlife rehabilitation – medication/feeding/cleaning/release/record-keeping
- hygiene of wildlife hospital environment & wildlife first aid
- sneak peeks into the various animals going through their week-by-week rehabilitation processes
A perfect opportunity for young people to learn about the hands-on aspects of life around animals.